Requirements for Certificate of Completion
Considerations for Enrollment:
· Complete by Graduation the following college-level
Theological Coursework (or equivalent):
1) Fundamental Theology
2) Old Testament
3) New Testament
***Note: these three classes are offered at the Institute
for students needing to meet this requirement***
· 1 year of pastoral ministry
· Recommendation from pastor or church leadership
Internship Academic Curriculum Covers Three Courses:
· Christian Spiritual Tradition
· Pastoral Counseling & Spiritual Direction
· Systematic Spiritual Theology
Additional Internship Requirements:
· Attend SFRC Parish Weekend
· Attend an 8-Day Ignatian Retreat
· SFRC Internship as Weekend Lay Director
This is a part-time, non-resident program. The practicum portion of the program is offered both on-site and at the candidate’s parish. This program will be covered over an 18 month period, as three on-site classes. There is one class per 12 week semester which meets once a week.
You must complete 100 practicum hours; which will be divided into fifty 2 hour sessions. You will meet with directees and will journal the experience, which will be reviewed within your small group and the class.
If you will be travelling for class, overnight rooms are usually available and can be arranged ahead of time.
703 East Main Street